Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Reading Notes Two

I found the wikipedia article on computer hardware very simple and easy to read. I found that i already knew and understaood about 65% of what was discussed in the article just based on my own personal computer usage over the past few years. The other article which talked about Moores Law was essentially gibberish to me. It wasnt until i watched the video about Moores law that i got a grasp on the concept really at all. Not that im trying to be dense but i certainly am no computer genius, hence the reason i need this class. Last i looked through the computer history museum site and thought it was pretty cool. I like the concept that the website is structured like a museum, although it was crammed packed with a ton of information. I thought the computer timeline was nice in that it went year through year offering short paragraphs for each year that actually contained interesting information instead of dull, droning lingo that only true computer geeks would comprehend. I also remember being taught in high school that the internet was invented and developed by the army and this website painted a very different picture of the origin of the internet.

No comments: